Thursday, January 27, 2011

CABIN FEVER

This is just a quick note.  Audrianna was ill with diarrhea on Friday, January 14, was home for the weekend 15, 16, and the 17th was a holiday.  She was ill the entire week (17, 18, 19, 20, 21) and then was home the weekend 22, 23, home on the 24th, and finally back to school on 1/25/11 (her 10th birthday).  Woke up on the 26th with diarrhea again, was home today, too (the 27th).  She has been to school one stinking day in the past two weeks.  I have also been ill with the same stuff (but only for two days and add vomiting to my experience).  Then I woke up Saturday at 4 a.m. in excruciating pain from an infected hangnail which required a trip to the emergency room for an incision and drainage. I have been in pain ever since.  ER doctor said it would heal quickly, in 2 days.  I have been back to my doctor (not the ER) and had it re-drained and it is still so painful.  Still bleeding.  Just gross.  So these two weeks have been ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.  I am at the end of my rope.  Then to top matters off, Audrianna's dad is here this evening visiting and all of a sudden he starts screaming at me about my oldest daughter who is visiting her boyfriend in Alabama.  She graduated from high school early (in December).  Her boyfriend is attending Alabama A&M.  He lives with his mother and her husband.  Marissa's plan is to return to Lawton so she can go to prom and walk across the stage for graduation in May.  Then she plans on going to the local university.  Tay keeps screaming that I let her "shack up".  His reaction to this situation is bizarre.  Its not like he is father of the year or anything.  Granted Marissa is still 17 but she is so smart and has such a good head on her shoulders, I dont see any harm in her visit.

So anyway, I am getting ready to go to bed.  I am PRAYING that Audrianna goes to school tomorrow.  I am tempted to send her with a disposable sleep panty on just in case.  I need a day to myself, to take care of myself.  I am tired.  It shows on my face.  Everyone who sees me comments on it.  I am worn out.  I have been for the longest time now but it is getting worse.

Does anyone else's child have a hard time getting rid of diarrhea.  I sometimes wonder if it is because they don't throw up so they don't get rid of the "bacteria or virus stuff" as quickly as they would if they could throw up.  The "bug" has to travel through their entire system.  I have no idea if that makes sense but she sure has had a hard time getting over this.

Her aunt put two French braids in Audrianna's hair this evening with some barrettes she got for her birthday.  I could only get one picture to go through when I sent it from my phone and it has something wrong with it  but you can see the braids.

Janis

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the both of you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Janis!! Praying you for yours and A's health!!

    ReplyDelete