Monday, January 17, 2011

3D Day

Three D's for today:

1. Dentist.  Took Audrianna to the dentist today to get her cap put back on one of her teeth.  Her teacher called me last Thursday to tell me the cap had fallen off her tooth.  I asked her if maybe the tooth had fallen out but she said no, it was definitely just the cap.  She sent the cap home in a baggie in A's backpack.  I called the dentist and made an appointment and stuck the cap in my purse.  Her dad checked in her mouth and saw part of a tooth and I informed him that she only had little pegs left after they removed all the decay.  Well dummy me.  It was her entire tooth that had fallen out.  The permanent tooth pushed it out and you can see the permanent tooth.  I just took the teacher's word for it and never checked for myself.  What is wrong with me? Just what I wanted to do this morning, get up early on a "stay-home day" when Audrianna was not feeling well and  be at the dentist office at 7:50 a.m. to be worked in.  Fortunately we were out by 9.

2.  Diarrhea.  Audrianna is sick today with diarrhea, not so much frequency but liquid bowel movements.  But she definitely does not feel good.  Just laying around and NO APPETITE.  She still wants her meals but she just lays the plate on the bed next to her and looks at them.  She has a little bit of fever, too.  She is definitely not herself today.

3.  Daddy.  Today, she wants her daddy and he has actually stepped up to the plate today.  He is here right now, spoon-feeding her some jello and giving her something to drink.  Every once in a while he redeems himself and does something good and nice.  I told him knowing him was like riding a roller coaster.  When he is good, he is very good, but then he plunges down to bad, and the ride downhill is not fun (nothing like a roller coaster) so maybe I should rethink that comparison.  Unfortunately the good never outweighs the bad.  But bless her little heart, she loves him no matter what.

So now I am going to lay down next to my sick little girl and snuggle up with her.  Goodnight everyone.  The tooth fairy better show up tonight.


Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment