Sunday, January 2, 2011

DAY 2 of NEW YEAR

Tomorrow is the big day, at least for me it is.  Back to school after a 14 day vacation.  Audrianna is not too excited about it.  Already came up with an excuse the other day so she wouldn't have to go on Monday.  She told me that she didn't think she would be able to go to school on Monday because her bottom would hurt if she had to sit for too long.  Have to give her credit for originality on that one.  This morning she was starting to make excuses again, when all of a sudden she remembered something.  The bus monitor used to read books to her on the bus and then quit for some reason, but she told Audrianna, at some point in time, that she would start reading books again after Christmas.  Audrianna jumped up and I had to find her bag of books.  She has had it packed for quite some time.  Now it is sitting with her backpack all ready for tomorrow morning.  I hope Miss Donna, the bus monitor, remembers because Audrianna DID NOT forget.  

I would also like to say that the Melissa and Doug magnetic responsibility chart is a Godsend in this house. Today is the 8th day of use and she has fulfilled all of her responsibilities.  I have had to remind her but I think she is getting the hang of it.  She really likes getting the magnets.  

Now she is reading over my shoulder.  She can only read her name and she is bugging me so I am going to have to sign off today.  I told her this was my journal but she isnt too sure she likes me talking about her.  

Later,

Janis

1 comment: