Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Various Thoughts

Sometime in the middle of the night, Audrianna woke up stressing about Thanksgiving.  She wants to have Thanksgiving dinner with her daddy and grandmother next door, but she also wants to have Thanksgiving at my son's house with his family (my daughter-in-law is an EXCELLENT cook).  She wanted to tell her dad not to have Thanksgiving dinner until after Thanksgiving because if she is not there when he has the dinner, she knows there will not be any left because her "daddy eats a lot".  I kept reassuring her that I would work something out and after a while, she calmed down and went back to sleep.  These holidays are getting more stressful as she gets older.  Halloween freaked her out for over a week.  

I dread the Thanksgiving holiday not only because of all the food but because it is so hard to get her back in the routine of going to school.  The Monday after will probably not be a good one in this house but I am hopeful.  Heaven help me after the long Christmas break.  

One good thing is that she is really excited about her new teacher.  Yesterday she woke up and didnt want to go school and finally we had a race to get her clothes on and that worked wonders.  We did the same race today and she was so excited to be the WINNER.  What we do is call her dad, who lives next door, and I say "On your mark, get set, go".  She has to have her clothes on by the time he comes over and she has won two days in a row.  This seems to work (hopefully for a while).  Nothing seems to last for long.

She has an appointment next week with her regular doctor so I can get referrals to the pediatric endocrinologist, maybe orthopedist, eye doctor, and I am sure there is something else I was going to ask about.  I am going to start the process (again) to get her on growth hormone.  She likes to say "taller shots".  The pediatric endocrinologist in Lawton has never prescribed GH for a child with PWS and I think she is a little scared.  The first time we went to see her about it, she told me GH could kill her and that there was a very brave doctor in Arkansas who gave growth hormone to his patients with PWS, emphasis on the word brave.  I am going to ask her to contact Dr. Miller, who everybody swears by.  Hopefully, we will get the ball rolling.  I also think I am almost strong enough physically to begin the Make A Wish process.  

Well, I better get off the computer and do some work.  

Janis



2 comments:

  1. Hi Janis, I love this post! A "race" is how we get Kirsten to do things sometimes, especially when she is out of sorts, tired or stressed.
    I'm glad you started this Blog, and I encourage you to keep writing. We need more moms to share their personal stories. What comes from the heart, is just what parents are looking for to feel better about their lives. You get to give them a view of your world to use in comparison and for inspiration. YES, you are an inspiration to many!
    Make sure you "share" with everyone on Facebook. If you have questions about Blogging and some of the many tools available, message me. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go with your Dr. Will A be getting GH now? These Dr.'s are so afraid of any liability... Education would help them significantly, wish they would read what we read...

    ReplyDelete